Friday, September 17, 2010

Leadership Richardson.. Look MOM!!!



Mom (since you are the only one currently reading this)- We had a Leadership Richardson (LR) Retreat today, where our class got to know each other, build trust, re-live our cheerleading days (by building pyramids), work on communication skills, and enjoy the Friday away from work together. We also did a ROPES challenge today and I did all of the height activities (and have the pics to prove it)!!!! A big thanks to "Fun Frankie", my safety partner for the day.. A few of these activities included:

Climbing a 25 ft pole, then jumping to a trapeze bar...



Shocking, right? It gets better. Then we did the challenge course which goes as follows: 

Climb a 30 ft. pole, walk across an inclined log to another podium, where you use a rope to balance as you walk across a tightrope. After that, you use a small rope to walk across a suspended log. You then transfer to another tightrope, with 5 ropes hanging down from a higher wire(you use each suspended rope to get to the next). You end at a rockwall, which you climb, then zipline to the finish!!

An eager class member and I tried to zipline with style (I did it upside down). You can see the top of the zipline tower in the last picture.. : 


The zipline safety guy told me that I look EXACTLY like Erin Andrews. That was directly after he saw me wipe a pool of sweat on my shirt, so I definitely didn't SMELL like Erin Andrews. PS- If you can make that safety harness look fashionable (or even wearable), I consider you a miracle worker..

Plans for tomorrow:
1) LR Retreat Continues
2) Bridal shower for Leigh Kimbrough (my dear friend Jack's Fiacee, who I am very excited to meet)

Until then, have a great evening! :)

1 comment:

  1. why do leadership workshops always take place at ropes courses? just asking... can't people bond over a great lunch and shopping?? carrie u and erin a? hmm..

    ReplyDelete