I visited the limited this week to purchase a suit after I realized my LR class pic was "business professional" and I didn't have any suits taht fit. Luckily, limited was having their $100 off a suit sale. The salesman also gave me (actually Matt) a bunch of coupons, so I got a free shirt with the discounted suit purchase. Matt was supportive and bought a shirt for me as well (that's my favorite kind of shopping trip)! Here's the suit:
I have also been encouraged to continue running through the end of the year. I looked up a 2011 calendar and if I start a new training program a week after each race (on a 12 week running program), I could run a race in March, June, September, and December. I would love to travel for all 4 and follow the Rock N Roll marathon series, but I'm working with a limited budget, and limited vacation days, so I'm limiting my race search to races in Texas. Luckily, there is a website I found via Google that lists all Texas Half Marathon races by Month (there aren't any in September because it is SO freakin HOT), but I have found the following races that I'm considering running:
1) 6/18/11- San Antonio Carabba's Half- This race is on a Saturday, which is a bit strange, but the entry fee is only $30 (DONE!)
2) 10/24/11- Houston Half
3) 11/14/11- San Antonio Rock N Roll Half or the Fort Worth Half
4) 12/5/11- Dallas White Rock Half
5) 12/12/11- Houston RunGirl 13.1- I competed in the IronGril sprint Tri a few years ago, and I believe this event is in the same series, plus I love any excuse to head to Houston! :)
As a quick goodbye, say "HELLO!" to Molly, a rescue bird I met during a Leadership Richardson meeting last week. She was SO cool. You never know what you're going to get out of an LR meeting!

No comments:
Post a Comment