1) Cook at home more often (healthy), using my tear book
2) NO PERSONAL SHOPPING in January
3) Make healthy eating and exercise (4x/week) choices so I feel great on 5/7/11
4) SAVE money
5) Attend Church more regularly
My tear book is a binder full of workouts, recipes, and cute outfits I've torn out of my favorite magazines over time. I've been on a big cooking kick lately, so for New Years dinner I was determined to incorporate all of the traditional foods required (black eyed peas, ham, and cabbage). In the spirit of New Years resolutions (see above), I also wanted to make it as healthy as possible, so I tried a recipe I found on weightwatchers.com: Beef (but I substituted turkey) stuffed cabbage. Surprisingly, it was great, and even Matt enjoyed it, which is SUPER! I grilled the ham, and chopped it up in the black eyed peas, and VOILA!!- a New Years Dinner I can be proud of!!!

Tonight, I plan to take on the challenge of Coq Au Vin (see pic below)- a recipe I found in Southern Living. It's a french recipe with chicken, veggies, egg noodles, and white wine (how could this possibly be bad)?

I attended Church this morning, and plan to go to the gym this afternoon (resolutions are being checked off my list) :) ..
Here are a few more pics from our crew ringin' in the New Year:
No comments:
Post a Comment