Sunday, January 9, 2011

Week 1, Done and Done..

Hal Higdon has a half-marathon beginner's running program that is 12 weeks long, which is MAGICALLY the exact amount of time between my new year's resolution to the Dallas Rock N'Roll Half marathon. I used this program (with I found for free on-line) for the last half that I ran. This is round 2, and the biggest change I've made this go-round is that I'm really pushing my time. I trained to complete the distance, but kinda slacked on my time last race, so I'm trying for a sub 2-hour half in March (fat chance, but a girl can dream!).. I just saw via stalkers anonymous (facebook) that a friend of mine from high school is coming to Dallas for the half in March as well. Mom- I know you're going to be curious as to who it might be, so I will use this info as a test to see how often you are reading the blog.. :)

Seth & Gina's house was ADORABLE and decorated so wonderfully yesterday. They hosted a fantastic party! Wes and Jessica are going to be FUN parents- they made a few fake babies from a website that will make a composite of 2 pictures.. Let's just say there are potentially some UGLY creatures to be created from our circle of friends.. IF that website is accurate.

BIG week of errands ahead. We are officially inside of the 4 month mark for the wedding, and it's flying by! Our thank you cards came in, and they are so cute. A family friend once told me it's tacky to send out thank you cards that say "thank you" on them, and that you are only suppose to write the words "thank you" once in the note- just a tidbit of manners for you readers.. Keep it classy.. This rule is why I purchased one-sided notecards with "Cecily and Matt" across the top.. I love them..

Invitation proofs should be in soon. I can' wait!!! :)

Have a happy and healthy week!

1 comment: